Global Conduct began as an idea in early 2006 to seek out the highest quality handcrafted goods directly from the producers with an emphasis on quality and fair trade principles.
When we started our research we were amazed to find a thriving network of fair trade organizations, retailers and suppliers throughout the world BUT still very little in
Australia by comparison. So began the journey that has brought us here today. We are a small family run operation working from our home base at Singleton in the Hunter Valley NSW.
Our goods are currently sourced from across India, Nepal,
Vietnam & the Pacific. As we grow we hope to be able to include producers in other regions and expand our product range.
We are a little business and will not do business the way BIG business does. We have a few basic philosophies that we intend to stand by at all times.
- We will only purchase from producers on whom we can rely on their fair trade credentials.
- We will pay our suppliers in advance and without trying to “negotiate” a lesser price than what is asked.
- We will endeavour to support producers who may not have access to larger retail markets and those groups marginalised in society.
- We will be friends with our producers and know them, their families and their organizations personally.
- We want to be friends with our customers, you can get to know us, we will get to know you and we will take the extra time that is required to make your purchase from us an enjoyable experience.
- We will use environmentally friendly and recycled packaging and encourage and support our producers efforts to do the same.
- The upshot of all this is we probably won't make the ASX100 – what we do want is to build a sustainable fair trade retail business that can provide regular reliable orders to our producers.
You can read more about fair trade and our policies in detail on these pages; Fair Trade, Shopping With Us and Frequently Asked Questions.
Global Conduct are a member of the Fair Trade Association of Australia and New Zealand.
We are always learning more about our producers and customers and welcome your feedback, comments and questions at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Global Conduct is an endorsed Fair Trader of Australia (FToA) by the Fair Trade Association of Australia and New Zealand.